TRAVEL TIPS FOR UNITED KINGDOM
5 Interesting Facts About Jordan
- In Jordan you can find the lowest point on Earth (on dry land)
- Jordan is home to one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
- 75% of the country of Jordan is covered by a desert
- Unlike other countries of the Middle East, Jordan has no own oil and gas reserves
- Jordan has never been Jordan
UK the map
Good to know before you travel to Jordan
1. They will try to squeeze any cent out of you
When the local people see a tourist they are like bees to honey. Once you come to Jordan you will immediately feel like a magnet. Like never before.
2. Taxi drivers are really obtrusive
I guess unfair behavior of taxi drivers is apparently common all around the world. But in Jordan, not only they are sneaky, but also very annoying.
3. Hitch-hiking is too easy
Although the taxi drivers will try to convince you that people don't give lifts here, Jordan is my 31st visited country and anywhere else it wasn't as easy as it was here. I would say too easy. In most cases you don't even need to make any effort at all.
Explore more of Jordan
Jordan - places